by Nietling Admin | May 3, 2023 | Eye Care, Nietling News
Approximately 37 million adults in America have age-related macular degeneration, cataract, diabetic retinopathy, or glaucoma, all of which can cause visual impairment or blindness. However, recent studies show that making healthy choices and getting regular eye exams can help reduce a person’s risk of vision loss. In support of Healthy Vision Month in May, the American Academy of Ophthalmology is encouraging everyone to take charge of their eye health and preserve their sight by following some simple tips.
by Nietling Admin | Jul 6, 2021 | Nietling News
If you’re taking the time to read this then we are currently your eye care provider or perhaps you are trying to find the perfect eye team for yourself and your family. With that being said we wanted to take some time and tell you a little bit about our office and our mission.
Nietling Family Eye Care is an independently owned and operated eye care clinic and optical boutique. Dr. Nietling has been practicing in downtown Denison, Texas since 1982 with the simple mission to provide great eye care and eyewear for your whole family. Over the years that mission still rings true. Our certified staff is always putting patient needs first as we push to exceed your expectations of eye care.
Throughout the year our staff attends educational, seminars and webinars to ensure everything in our office is up to code and going above and beyond. Our insurance and billing clerk has over 25 years of billing and coding experience. Our optician has over 20 years of experience in optical sales and lens selection. Both of these team members have worked alongside Dr. Nietling since 2010 putting patient care as the top priority in this practice.
We are not your typical eye clinic; Dr. Nietling is a certified Therapeutic Optometrist and Optometric Glaucoma Specialist so the exams performed in our office are fully comprehensive. Our staff takes the time to explain medical conditions and how they can affect your vision and daily lifestyle. We firmly believe there is so much more to seeing than just finding the perfect pair of glasses. With special testing available we can help treat and co-manage a number of ocular diseases and provide our patients with resources and information needed to move forward once diagnosed.
Our optical boutique isn’t filled with name brand or your run of the mill frames. Our optician knows that your eyewear is an extension of you and needs to be just as unique as you are. Every frame line carried in our office is a representation of what supporting small business can do. Our lines are all independently owned, which provides our patients with better products and a more affordable cost.
At Nietling Family Eye Care we will take into consideration all your visual goals, medical conditions, and lifestyle needs as we build you a customized set of glasses. As technology changes and trends shift you can count on our office to provide you and your family with the care and products that benefit you the most.
by Nietling Admin | Feb 25, 2021 | Nietling News
Dr. Nietling was awarded a Certificate of Appreciation from the City of Denison for “Embracing Denison’s vision to restore our magnificent historic buildings in the Downtown District.” Congratulations Dr. Nietling and staff!
by Nietling Admin | Apr 30, 2020 | Nietling News
As we attempt to create a new normal and return to business, Nietling Family Eye Care would like to share what we are doing to ensure the safest environment for all our patients. Our office is taking the following steps including our normal disinfecting/sanitizing protocols in effort to keep everyone healthy.
- The office door is locked at all times. There is no walk-in traffic allowed due to COVID-19 until we may return to full working capacity.
- No walk-in adjustments or repairs allowed. Any optical work must be done by curb side appointment.
- We are scheduling one patient every hour to allow staff proper time to disinfect and sanitize the office.
- We ask that unless a driver is needed for your exam that you come to your appointment alone.
- You will be required to sign a COVID-19 Pandemic Eye Exam and Treatment Consent Form in order to be seen in our office.
- Fever is checked on each patient prior to entering the building.
- Disposable mask are available and we recommend that all patients wear one while in the office.
- Hand sanitizer is available for use by each patient upon entering the office. We ask that you use only as needed, since supplies is limited. This will allow our office to be able to continue to serve you.
- Staff is using hand sanitizer before and after each patient encounter.
- Clipboards, pens, eyeglass frames are being disinfected/sanitized after each patient use.
- Children’s play area items have been reduced to ones we can and do disinfect after each child.
- Magazines have been removed from waiting area.
- Bathrooms are disinfected/sanitized by employees after each use.
- We ask that you do not touch the frames on the board, allow the opticians to bring them to you.
- Pick-up for glasses and other purchases is available through curbside drop off appointments only. Staff will contact you to schedule an appointment for pick up.
We understand that not allowing walk-in traffic may inconvenience some of our patients and we apologize for that. However, in order to maintain a clean safe work and patient care area this will be how we conduct business until further notice. Please contact our offices by phone or email to schedule any of your eye care needs. At the bottom of this article we have provided some links we have found helpful during this time.
CDC Link: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Texas Governor Link: https://gov.texas.gov/news
Grayson County Link: https://www.co.grayson.tx.us/page/covid.home
Collin County Link: https://www.collincountytx.gov/Pages/default.aspx